Studios open! Royal City Studios received confirmation on June 12th from Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health that we are allowed to open our rehearsal studios! So we are fully open for rehearsals, recording, and photo shoots.
The good news is that we have changed our pricing structure to make it better for you. As a result, we now charge a per-person hourly rate:
- $4.99/hr for students, and
- $9.99/hr for everyone else.
As a result, you’re going to get more for less!
How It Will Work
There are several changes in our COVID-19 re-opening climate:
- Studio capacity: 2 for small studios, 3 for medium studios, and 5 for the large studios
- Masks required – As per Public Health, all staff and customers must wear masks inside, except for certain conditions. However, while rehearsing and recording, if a mask will be in the way, you are permitted to remove it, then put it back on as soon as possible. Read more…
- Continue to social distance – This might make it interesting getting in and out of studios, so we ask you to be very concious of your band mates
- Handwashing and sanitizer – To make sure upon entering and exiting that your hands are clean and safe
- Gaps between bookings – 30 minutes of gap is now set between bookings. This allows for the air to circulate (full exchange every 20 minutes) and the staff to wipe down any surfaces
As always, If there is anything else you would like to see us do to increase your safety, please let us know!
“We’re very excited to be able to serve our community again!” says Jim Duffield, a lifelong musician and the owner of Royal City Studios. He recognizes how difficult this time has been for the music scene in Guelph. “We have some more surprises up our sleeve in the next few weeks, and really look forward to sharing them.”
About Royal City Studios
Royal City Studios provides musicians with a house where music happens, where musicians can rehearse, record, and perform. The space is designed to include all of the important elements that musicians said they want in a rehearsal space. This includes minimal noise from other studios, great equipment to use, easy access via public transit and free parking. Learn more and book studio space by visiting: https://royalcitystudios.ca/book-a-studio and following Royal City Studios on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.