The thunder returns one last time. Don’t miss Royal City Studios’ final Classic Covers Cool Cars Concert Series show of 2019 on Sunday, Oct. 6th, 2 – 6 p.m. (Note: Due to the weather forecast, this concert event will now be held indoors at the Royal City Studios music hall.)
Here’s what’s on tap for this free concert event.
Three performances by three incredible bands
- Vintage Flight: With killer rock classics in their arsenal like Led Zeppelin’s “Dazed and Confused” and the Who anthem “Won’t Get Fooled Again,” along with their own incredible originals, Vintage Flight are often compared to the many epic bands they admire, and their tight, high-energy live performances evidence why people make the comparison. Check out Vintage Flight shredding Zeppelin (below) live at Royal City Studios’ second Classic Covers Cool cars concert event of 2019.
- The Bend: This young band left audience members stunned at the first Classic Covers Cool Cars concert, where their rendition of contemporary classic rock songs like “Highway Song” by Greta Van Fleet and “Creep” by Radiohead left people spellbound.
- Near Summit: Influenced by and performing the works of rock legends like Aerosmith and Guns N’ Roses, this four-piece alt-rock band hits audiences at full throttle with fuel-injected performances that linger long after the amps have stopped smoking.
Awesome food truck eats by Eating Clouds
Send your taste buds to the heavens by eating in the clouds.
The smashing folks at Eating Clouds mobile bakery will be on hand to rock your taste buds. Their special menu for this concert includes:
- Pizza slices (cheese, pepperoni)
- Three kinds of donuts (regular and mini-cloud donuts)
- Classic (cinnamon sugar and whipped cream)
- Canadian (blueberries and maple whipped cream)
- S’mores (chocolate, graham cracker and toasted homemade marshmallow)
- Cupcakes (vanilla gumball)
Eating Clouds will also have coffee and cold drinks, plus two kinds of BIG COOKIES:
- Spookie chip
- Ginger chew
Supporting pillars of this concert event:
- Royal City Studios – Guelph’s newest, state-of-the-art music rehearsal facility, recording studio and events venue.
- Pinnacle Advanced Driving Academy – introducing car enthusiasts to the world of performance driving and motorsports.
- Ken Feakins Personal Training – certified personal fitness trainer
- abmCreative – custom digital art and graphics for bands by local artist Xristopher Bland
- Music Lives – an independent organization dedicated to promoting live entertainment and events in the city of Guelph.
- Rhythm & Brews Brewing Company – brewing unique local craft beers and supporting local music
- Precision Auto Detailers – vehicle detailing service that will come to your location to detail your ride to immaculate condition
- KennethsImages – professional-quality photography to take your band promotions to the next level
If you’re a musician, Royal City Studios will be open during the concert for you to check out our facilities.
Located at 930 Woodlawn Road W., Unit1, Royal City Studios is a one-stop enclave for the arts and artistry, with seven rehearsal studios (each with acoustic treatment and physically separated from each other) and a fully equipped recording studio, all at highly affordable rates for accessibility to any artist of any skill level on any budget. (Small rehearsal spaces start at just $5 per hour per person.)
Each rehearsal room come with amps, basic PA equipment and pristine drum kits tuned by a professional sound engineer. Royal City Studios also has water, coffee, tea, snacks and refreshments on hand to fuel your work. The facility is fully accessible, and Royal City Studios has replacement strings (acoustic and electric), drumsticks, XLR cables, adapters, batteries and more should artists need something after the music stores have closed. So, all artists need to do is walk in, plug in and play.
Royal City Studios also has a live performance venue on site for bands wanting to stage their own live shows or rehearse live shows before area gigs or events like Hillside Festival. The performance venue is also perfect for album release parties, clinics, workshops, weddings, business meetings and other events.
The above clip compilation of Vintage Flight performing at Classic Covers Cool Cars is appropriately called “Teenage Shred.” (You’ll see why.)
Some of the Guelph bands that have rehearsed and/or recorded at Royal City Studios include:
- Blue Moon
- Roscoe Fiction & The Fables
- Vinyl Revivyl
- The Breaking English
- Sweet Crimson
- Blown Cover
- Ian Andrews
- Royal G Symphony
Classic Covers Cool Cars reflects Royal City Studios’ vision of not only providing artists with the best rehearsal and recording facilities to help support their craft-work and bring their artistry to life, but to provide performance opportunities.
If you’re not a musician but known someone who is, show them that you think they rock with a Royal City Studios Gift Certificate.
To stay connected with all that’s happening at Royal City Studios, like us Facebook, and for those about to rock, we salute you.